Work Mood 2017
Finding the inspiration to get dressed successfully every morning can be a challenge even for the most sartorially astute. So to save you time there are our must-have buys for the working year ahead.
What pieces should every woman look to invest in 2017 for work?
1. “A pant suit in a cool grey,
2. A sharp tailored jacket that sits past the hip either single button or double breasted with a wide leg pant or straight cropped pant,
3. The tailored dress with a T-shirt sleeve that finishes just at the knee,
4. A neck tie in silk ivory or classic black,
5. The bold striped shirt with a hint of colour.”
Start with an open mind and look at incorporating other elements of your wardrobe into your ‘corporate’ attire, whether it be colour, a print or more prominent details such as a bellowed sleeved shirt. Corporate wear doesn’t need to be mundane we should feel comfortable, confident and fresh.”
What accessories should one invest in for work?
Subtle earrings that can be worn back with any look – round stud or small drop earrings. A chic black bag with minimal hardware should be big enough to hold a laptop and other daily essentials.”
Take note of your working environment and industry, it is always better to be more formally dressed than too casual, it shows thought and professionalism. Keep a pair of heels in your office drawer for emergencies. Avoid see-through pieces and even miniskirts. Wear dresses and skirts that are tailored but not tight.
Here we have it, our perfect work assemble.