The Suitable Wedding Rigout For Mature Women
What should a 60-year-old woman wear to a wedding and stay elegant without being frumpy, and fully guest-appropriate?
Whether your style is fashion-forward, trendy or classic, there’s something for everyone in this list of special occasion dresses for women over 60.
1. THE NEW JUMPSUIT. This sheer, covered jumpsuit is so classy and striking — an ideal choice for an event or special occasion outfit. Add in the V neckline and three-quarter sleeves, and you will be the talk of the town.
2. THE V NECK LRD. Showing off a cleavage is A-OK. This sexy-but-age-appropriate number features a shorter hemline and lace detailing, plus the flattering deep V that adds length to your torso. If you like the dress, but still think it’s too much skin, pair with a black shawl.
3. THE CAFTAN. This caftan-style maxi dress will make you feel like a princess with its long sleeves and the black embroidery on the neckline and under the bust.
4. THE JACKET DRESS. Thanks to the coordinating lightweight, three-quarter sleeve shawl, you can wear this to a church wedding or an outdoor beach ceremony. Classic outfit leaves you feeling gorgeous. Pair with a simple heel or modest sandal in gray or silver.
5. PLEATS AND POLKA DOTS. This is one of those rare special occasion dresses that’s both modest and sexy. A cinched waist and sheer detail at the hem creates a modern, flattering silhouette.