Summer Fundamentals For Women
Now is the time to start your summer wardrobe planning. These fashion pieces are perfect for dinner with the girls, to the workplace if you’re in a business casual situation or anytime you want to step up your casual look.
1. THE GIRLY TOP. The takeaway is that feminine is in, and in a big way. Nod to this trend by adding a few florals to your collection for spring.
2. LEGGINGS WITH STYLE. This season, you can break out of the black leggings mold and experiment with new colors and fabrics. Corduroy or velvet preferably.
3. OPEN-TOE BOOTIES. The open-toe bootie is a classic that can accompany nearly any trendy piece. For ultimate ‘wearability’, look for styles with minimal embellishments — no fringe, no big buckles — and a sturdy block heel.
4. SHIRT DRESS. We like options made of crisp fabrics that are long enough to pair with a belt this summer. And you get bonus points for pinstripes.
5. KIMONO JACKET. This style nods to the trench coats, cinched waists and belted robes (yes, that is a thing) that showed up in designer collections for the spring. Choose pieces with wide belts for the most impact.