How to take care of your shoes
Shoes are the most ubiquitous clothing articles we have and still a lot of people don’t know how to wear and care for them. Here are six of our fail-safe ways to maintain and ensure that you get the best out of your chosen footwear.
- Clean your shoes regularly: Get a scuff on your whites? Don’t worry, use a magic eraser to magically remove it. Never wear filthy looking sneakers that are supposed to be white around, it makes you look dirty from head to toe.
2. Shorten those overly long laces: Excessively long laces are a safety hazard, they can cause you to trip or get caught in wheels or machinery. Synthetic shoe laces can be shortened quite easily. Cut them, then use a lighter to burn the tips for sealed ends.
3. Polish your shoes regularly: Invest some care into your footwear. This means resole them, use shoe polish, and pay attention to the condition of your laces.
Don’t be intimidated to experiment when it comes to shoe polish. You’ll be surprised at how often darker shades can produce a deeper and more eye appealing finish than some matched color polishes.
4. know how to apply shoe polish: When applying shoe polish, focus on the number one rule: Time. In between each step wait a little bit. Give the conditioner plenty of time to soak on it before you start to apply the cream polish. The same goes for the cream, before applying wax. And before you reach for that brush to buff, give the wax polish time to settle in.
5. Choose your shoes carefully: Shoes with bold designs tend to call to much attention to themselves and spoil your attire. As do those with super pointy and square toes.
6. Metal Plates: If you want to reduce the amount of wear and tear on your shoes, get a cobbler to put a metal plate on the toe or heel.
Photo credit: Google images