There are tons of gingham dresses and skirts that make for really adorable outfits. The pattern can be made to look preppy and chic, or more fun and eclectic – you can decide based on what you wear the pieces with. There are so many different ways to style this print to make it look a lot more unique, which is one of the best things about it. Why not pick up a gingham dress or skirt during all of the end of season sales? Check out these style tips on how to wear gingham dresses and skirts:
1. Pair a gingham mini skirt with a graphic tee and sneakers for a casual and stylish look.
2. A lot of gingham skirts are black and white, but they don’t have to be. Choose a bright pattern, like this magenta skirt. It stands out a little more.
3. Mix it up and wear your gingham skirt with a striped top. Keeping the colors similar is a good way to keep it less overwhelming.
4. You can play around with that concept with accessories too, like wearing a gingham skirt with brightly patterned shoes.
5. Gingham is a pretty feminine pattern, so add some ~edge~ to it with something like a pair of combat boots. It’s unexpected and looks really cool.
6. Keep a gingham skirt preppy and summery by wearing it with a white tank, flat sandals, and a straw hat.
7. Add some fun layers to your gingham dress with an open plaid shirt. It looks like it wouldn’t work, but it results in a unique outfit.
8. Want to keep things simple? Add a denim jacket over a gingham dress.
9. Opt for a dress featuring all different sized gingham patterns. It’s so creative and fun.
10. Add a little bit of color to your look by wearing a bright scarf as a belt over a gingham dress.
11. Go for a super trendy look by wearing matching gingham separates, like this cute skirt and crop top combo.
12. Take on all of the patterns by wearing a gingham skirt with a floral top. Bright shoes make the look even more fun.
13. Wear your gingham dress with white sneakers for the easiest and most comfortable summer outfit.
14. Want your look to be a little ~sexier?~ Wear a high waist gingham skirt with a bra top or bikini top.
15. Get creative and layer a gingham dress with a solid colored skirt. I love how this one is mostly unzipped.
16. Keep your look summery and fresh by wearing a gingham skirt with a brightly colored crop top and sandals.
17. Gingham is pretty casual, but it can also be made more formal. Add a fancy shirt and a pair of feels to a gingham skirt – dramatic makeup and the right jewelry make this work.
18. With the right gingham dress, you don’t need to do anything to make it look good – just add flat sandals.
19. Opt for a yellow gingham dress for something more suited to the season.
20. Go for some feminine flair with a gingham dress with a pattern of bright flowers.
Photo Credit : Google Images