3 Quick Ways To Style Yourself Faster
Well, there are a lot of great options outside of baggy, unfitted pantsuits and skintight 80s dresses. And it’s not written anywhere you have to dress like an old style accountant to look professional!
First of all, you’re going to need a few key pieces to serve as staples among your workplace wardrobe, so why not start with an easy one, that you really don’t imagine wearing at the office…
Get Stylish With Some Comfy Basics
Do yourself a favor and grab a few pairs of thick, solid black leggings. Yes, it’s possible to wear them in a fashionably outside of the athleisure trend.
- If you’re wearing leggings in the workplace, they usually look best over a long tunic, or shorter dress. As you’ll see in a minute, the key to pulling off leggings at work is all dependent on the length of your top, and your accessories.
- Try them under a long cardigan or a blanket cardigan, and if you like it, add a tie around your waist to accentuate your figure.
- You could also pair them with a button-up or fitted blouse with a blazer or a loose-fitting, mid-thigh dress.
- Because your leggings are a solid color, choose a brightly colored or patterned top to balance out the look. Tribal patterns are especially popular during warm weather months, so take advantage of them if you need some inspo on what to wear to work in the summer.
Make The Business Casual Styling Sweet And Short
As much as you might think it’s unnecessary, at some point, you’re going to need a suit.
Now, don’t panic just yet.
That doesn’t mean it has to include drab, unflattering trousers—aka clothing unworthy of feminine fashion.
Instead, grab a trendy blazer, a hip-hugging pencil midi skirt and style them up!
While there are several reasons why the midi is a must-have for your corporate closet, they’re also versatile enough to wear anywhere and everywhere thanks to the plethora of different styles, cuts, and designs available.
And they’re also great for coverage versatility:
- When you’re in the office, you can pair it with a tucked-in silk blouse,
- When you’re out of the office, you can pair it with a crop top to show a little skin.
- You can also change your entire look just by swapping out your shoes.
- They can look stylish and casual with a pair of white sneakers, or they can be corporate-ready with a pair of pumps.
As far as your blazer goes, if you can find one that matches you midi, grab it. If you can’t find a matching jacket, find a neutral tone in creme or black.
Or better, do the custom-made trick:
Grab one blazer that’s a little bigger than your size and have it tailored to fit your frame properly. A well-fitted skirt/blazer combo is a classic power outfit for any professional woman.
Show Everyone You Don’t Really Need Heels
And finally, as far as professional footwear goes, you’re going to need a solid pair of heels.
A few neutral-colored pumps are a universal and a year-round need for any professional girl, but more importantly, you’re going to want some comfortable and sensible flats. They look great with most dress lengths and styles, as well as with skinny and relaxed pant legs